Before trying to become pregnant, schedule a visit with Dr. Caserta and his team. During the visit, you will be able to discuss your current health and get advice on how to prepare your body for pregnancy. If you have any health problems or issues, Dr. Caserta can prescribe medication or lifestyle changes to control or eliminate these problems before you become pregnant. Be sure to tell him about any and all medication you currently take (and if it is safe to continue taking these medications while pregnant). Do not stop any routine medication prior to becoming pregnant without consulting Dr. Caserta first.
- Eat a well-balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, whole-grains and low-fat (or fat-fee) dairy products, lean meats or meat alternatives.
- A prenatal vitamin may also be suggested in addition to a well-balanced diet. Aim to get at least 30-60 minutes of moderate physical activity most days of the week (such as walking, jogging, biking, swimming). The more fit a woman is, the healthier and easier your pregnancy will be.
- If you smoke or use illegal drugs, it is extremely important to quit before trying to become pregnant.
- You should limit caffeine intake while trying to become pregnant.
- Avoid exposure to toxic substances, like radiation (X-rays) or heavy metals.
If you have further questions on planning your pregnancy, call Advantage Healthcare for Women today and schedule a visit to speak with Dr. Caserta on all your concerns and questions.