At Advantage Health Care for Women, our Obsterics and Gynecology are second-to-none. Dr. Caserta and his staff offer annual exams for women of all ages, including:
- Routine screenings
- Infertility evaluation
- Treatment of some causes of infertility
- Pre-conception counseling
Prenatal care and education are of upmost importance, as well as High-Risk and Normal pregnancy care, delivery options (vaginal and Cesarean), Post-Partum care and testing. They will take every step to ensure your health and safety, as well as prenatal health and safety.
To better understand the services, most gynecological exams include a pelvic exam. It is part of a regular physical checkup, and should be done, at least, annually. They are used to help detect: infections, sexually-transmitted diseases, determine abnormal uterine bleeding and evaluate pelvic organ abnormalities or pain.
Before your scheduled pelvic exam, please:
- Schedule the exam when you are not currently on your period
- Do not use douches, tampons, vaginal medications or vaginal sprays or powders for at least 24 hours prior to and after
- Do not engage in sexual activities 24 hours prior to the exam if you have experienced abnormal discharge.
Be sure to tell Dr. Caserta if:
- you are pregnant, or think you might be pregnant
- have any reproductive or urinary tract symptoms (itching, redness, sores, swelling, unusual odor or increased discharge)
- you are using birth control
- this your first pelvic exam
- the first day of your last menstrual cycle and how long it lasted
- you have had any other procedures or surgeries completed prior to this visit, you have had any issues or complications with pelvic exams in the past.
Dr. Larry Caserta and his team of nurses and professionals are here for your health.